We are a team of engineers, business analysts, data scientists, support specialists, painters, musicians, philanthropists and much more.
PNT is a privately-owned company in Middletown, CT with over 17 years of experience in the healthcare industry. We recognize that data is at the center of every healthcare initiative. However, given the siloed nature of healthcare systems, sharing data between Providers and Health Plans requires a great level of expertise. Our team works to solve the problems associated with healthcare data sharing and consumption by building bridges that allow data to be exchanged quickly and easily.
The PNT Perks: We are happy to enable our employees with a work environment that empowers them to grow, learn, fulfill their goals and passions, and become the best version of themselves.
- Jeans and T-Shirts
- Friday Bagels
- Free coffee
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible schedule
- Work life balance
- Small company atmosphere
- Family outings
- Holiday events and activities
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
Here’s what our team has to say
“Very good work environment… Good culture, work and people ethic. Work life balance, growth opportunities”. – Current Employee
“PNT has an exciting, techy, startup feel to it. You don’t have to come to work dressed in a suit, what matters here is performance and personality”. – Current Employee
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Software Engineer
The Software Engineer works independently and within a team to design, develop, and maintain complex applications that support PNT Data’s existing software solutions and the growing portfolio of service offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop applications with n-tier architecture which includes .Net technologies, XSLT, web services, api’s, and database objects.
- Possessing strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex application designs for peer design reviews, documentation, management discussion purposes.
- Working independently and within an agile team environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assisting other team members on short notice as needed.
- Independently and continually learning and acquiring new technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Troubleshoot escalated Production issues with permission to read diagnostic data from the Production environment. Changes to Production are controlled through the Release Management process.
- This role will have access to Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and confidential information. All employees will be required to successfully complete and comply with company provided HIPAA Privacy and Security training annually.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A minimum of 5 years software engineering experience with 3 years of .Net and XML development; strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Functional Programming concepts.
- Proficiency with Data Transformations using XSLT, XPath, Regular Expressions, Scripting.
- Proficiency with C#, WCF, Web Services, Rest API’s and XML.
- Experience with SQL Server database programming, including design of tables, views, stored procedures and performance tuning.
- Good communication, analysis and documentation skills.
Preferred candidates would also have working knowledge in any of the following skills:
- C# technologies including LINQ, Entity Framework, MSTest/NUnit
- Website development with HTML, ASP.NET, HTML5, Dot Net Nuke.
- Integration middleware – IBM Integration Bus (Message Broker) and IBM Message Queue.
- Cloud Architecture (Azure or AWS) and containers
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of software delivery processes – ability to work both independently and in an agile team environment
- IIS Administration.
- HTTPS Transport Security X.509 Certificates, TLS, SSL.
- Healthcare transaction formats X12, HL7, CORE Operating Rules.
- Active in technical forums or newsgroups.