We are a team of engineers, business analysts, data scientists, support specialists, painters, musicians, philanthropists and much more.
PNT is a privately-owned company in Middletown, CT with over 17 years of experience in the healthcare industry. We recognize that data is at the center of every healthcare initiative. However, given the siloed nature of healthcare systems, sharing data between Providers and Health Plans requires a great level of expertise. Our team works to solve the problems associated with healthcare data sharing and consumption by building bridges that allow data to be exchanged quickly and easily.
The PNT Perks: We are happy to enable our employees with a work environment that empowers them to grow, learn, fulfill their goals and passions, and become the best version of themselves.
- Jeans and T-Shirts
- Friday Bagels
- Free coffee
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible schedule
- Work life balance
- Small company atmosphere
- Family outings
- Holiday events and activities
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
Here’s what our team has to say
“Very good work environment… Good culture, work and people ethic. Work life balance, growth opportunities”. – Current Employee
“PNT has an exciting, techy, startup feel to it. You don’t have to come to work dressed in a suit, what matters here is performance and personality”. – Current Employee
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Manager, Software Development & QA
As a member of the Engineering management team, the Manager of Development and QA contributes to the definition and design of PNT’s Software Products, while overseeing all software development and testing aspects of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s software development and testing.
- Lead software architecture definition in collaboration with the CTO and Development team. Collaborate with stakeholders and department heads to ensure appropriate technologies improve their efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
- Work collaboratively with the CTO, Product Owners and Agile teams on the development of new products, product enhancements and product redesign.
- Discover, pilot, and implement emerging technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Lead, in collaboration with the QA team, testing strategy, execution and test automation.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Guide, coach and mentor top-flight Development and Testing team.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Development Manager or similar leadership role building software for customers.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing experience and responsibility.
- Deep experience leveraging Agile principles.
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing highly complex, multi-faceted strategic projects to drive tangible business results.
- Problem solving aptitude, critical thinking, and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire a technical team.
- Flexibility and high energy to manage shifting priorities, and a fast-paced environment.
- Healthcare Data experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in business administration, information technology or similar a plus.
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: CFO
Job Status: Full time, Exempt
The Controller has responsibility for PNT Data’s day-to-day financial operations, charged with managing financial operations and cash flow, reporting, forecasting, compliance and control. As a member of the management team, the Controller provides analysis for investments, pricing decisions, contract negotiations and new business while maintaining control, accuracy and timeliness of all finance department activity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting / finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Manage and monitor cash, including cash flow models and monitoring of key cash drivers such as receivables, and capital expenditures
- Develop and continually improve financial models to evaluate new business attractiveness; lead analysis in concert with senior management
- Manage vendors, outsourced functions
Financial Reporting and Financial Control Environment
- Prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements; provide management insight and recommend business actions
- Participate in Board meetings and prepare Board communications.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations; assist in goal setting.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage annual plan and forecasting processes; prepare monthly / quarterly analysis of variances and drive action plans to assure goals are met.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Review / prepare bank reconciliations, loan schedules, cash flow statements, client billings, stock / dividend, revenue and other analyses to drive accurate financial results.
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting for cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit; assure successful conclusion of annual audits, tax reviews.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage the work and development of staff members participating in financial processes
- Responsible for maintaining adequate financial controls environment and assuring accuracy of financial records.
- Special projects as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to “see the big picture” while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Process driven, with a passion for organizational improvement
- Tech savvy, with ability to learn and promote new technologies
- Expert level Excel skills
- Strong communicator; able to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful information for management action.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines. Able to set direction and timing for the organization’s key management processes.
- Flexible; possesses ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Sets tone for change and improvement.
- Skilled influencer; able to positively influence other leaders in the organization. Able to work across all disciplines to drive financial processes, controls and results.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and delegation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software).
- Deep accounting experience, with strong forecasting, budgeting and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.